Monday, February 15, 2021

Galaxy's Edge Legionnaire

I've recently started reading the latest book under the pen of Nick Cole and Jason Anspach titled Forgotten Ruin. And while I'm having a blast with it, the book couldn't escape the comparisons with Legionnaire, another first in series by Cole & Anspach.

I loved Legionnaire. For me, that book was what modern military scifi should be like. Action, excitement, blood, sweat, and abundance of KTFing. It was like a perfect match between Generation Kill and Band of Brothers but in space on some backward planet on the galaxy's edge.

That inspired me to try and recreate the legionnaire from the cover of the first book in Heroforge. Here is the original cover for comparison.

The trickiest part was getting the helmet ridge right. I used horns. I borrowed the gun pose from u/CitadelCirrus on Reddit, and tweaked it a bit to suit my needs.

I tried to stay as true to the original as possible, but Heroforge is still quite limiting when it comes to rifles. For those interested, here is the link to the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment