Thursday, April 29, 2021

The author of Destro (Hammer of Freedom) gets it


Destro as Hammer of Freedom is called in Brazil is something else. And it shows. It is for a reason the most popular comic on Arkhaven. It's hard-hitting, on the offensive, no beating around the bush type of storytelling.

When I first saw mention of Hammer of Freedom on Arkhaven I was intrigued. When I read the first episode, I was shocked. When I finished reading the second episode, I wanted to know more about it's Brazilian author Luciano Cunha. I was not disappointed.

After a short search I stumbled upon an interview with Cunha from October 2020. Here is an excerpt translated by Google Translate:

Paulo Briguet: How has the public and critical feedback been? Have you been able to reach a young audience?

Luciano Cunha: Damn, the feedback has been the best it can be. This is very rewarding. Every day I receive dozens of emails and messages on our networks congratulating us for the courage and the important role that we have started to play within the Brazilian cultural scene. It's all very new, right? We had no voice, no space, we had nothing and now we are building this, opening the clearing in the bush. It's complicated and dangerous, but it gives me a lot of pleasure at the same time. As for young people, only 75% of the people who follow us on our networks are between 18 and 44 years old. Isn't it wonderful? That is exactly why I am motivated: we are helping to end the progressive hegemonic discourse among our youth. This is fundamental.

I recommend reading the whole thing here.

1 comment:

  1. My friend, thank you very much for your support. I saw your thumbnail on Hero Forge and I thought, very wrongly, that you were trying to appropriate my creation. Sorry about that. I want to know if we can exchange emails to make the 3D miniature here in Brazil. My email is: doutrinadorhq@gmail.com
    Peace!

    ReplyDelete