Sunday, February 7, 2021

Paladin V/12

Continuing with my personal crusade in honour of twelve peers of Charlemagne, today we have on display 5th of the 12 paladins I decided to create in Heroforge. (Disregard the number on screenshots, because they are for my internal use)

Since I started doing this, I came up with a set of rules every paladin I create must adhere to. These rules are:

  1. Paladin must have a cross
  2. Paladin must have a book
  3. Paladin must have a sword, spear, mace or any other knightly weapon
  4. No more than two items of the same armour set can be used on the same paladin
  5. No armour piece can be used more than once across all 12 paladins
  6. Weapons and shields can be duplicated across the 12 characters
  7. Armour, weapons and shields used should strive toward realism
  8. The models should be human in look and size
  9. Paladin should wear a ring
Today's model takes inspiration from the old cover of John C. Wright's novel Swan Knight's Sword, which is the 3rd book of Wright's Moth & Cobweb series. 

I like paladins wearing winged helmets. There is something very knightlike in it. I decided to put this particular model in a pose which resembles the wait on the oncoming charge. For that reason the model is crouched, shield raised, and a spear at the ready.

There are couple of features I'd like to draw your attention to. First, the spear is composed of two parts. I used an extra hand and had it in the same position as the real hand holding a javelin in order to make it look like the spear has a point on the lower end as well.

I used this "extra" arm in order to merge a vambrace and a glove that are otherwise two separate gloves and thus incompatible. As always, there is a cross on paladin's chest, which was achieved by creative twisting of another extra arm.

You can find the link to the model here.

No comments:

Post a Comment