Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Get Crying Suns, while it's still free


This is not so much a review, as it is my impressions of the game while still playing it. That said, the game is currently free on Epic Store, and I can't recommend grabbing it hard enough.

What I like about the game so much is that the gameplay itself is part of the story. It's a semi-randomly generated universe in which you slowly keep uncovering its secrets.

This is the official description:

"When FTL meets Foundation... and Dune

Crying Suns is a tactical rogue-lite that puts you in the role of a space fleet commander as you explore a mysteriously fallen empire.

In this story rich experience inspired by Dune and Foundation, each successful run will uncover the truth about the Empire... and yourself as well."

To me, the story looks like a cross between John C. Wright's Superluminary trilogy and Johan Kalsi's Foundation.

In certain ways it reminds me of Endless Space with that difference that more emphasis is on the story than strategic micro/macro managing of your resources, economy, influence etc.

And the game is beautiful, and so is the music in it.

So, if you play computer, or for that matter mobile games, like Space Opera or Military Sci-Fi, I urge you to go get the game while it's free. It'll remain free one more day until January 14th, 2021 at 5 PM (CET I presume). If you're late, it is still worth the purchase in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment